[yocto] Install rootfs.tar.bz2 to ${D}/home/root/

Maier, Chris C.Maier at geze.com
Mon Apr 10 04:28:29 PDT 2017

Hi,

I want to create a deployable SD card image. My board (beaglebone based) boots from SD card and runs a script which copies the rootfs.tar.bz2 to the flash memory.
So how can I deploy a copy of the whole rootfs to ${D}/home/root?
A rootfs in the rootfs, does that make sense?

Any help is appreciated.

Chris Maier

Geschäftsführung: Brigitte Vöster-Alber (Vorsitzende), Andrea Alexandra Alber, Marc Alber, Florian Birkenmayer
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Prof. Dr. Dr. Ulli Arnold, Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 250329, Tel: +49 7152 203 0
GEZE GmbH, Reinhold-Vöster-Straße 21-29, 71229 Leonberg, Germany