[yocto] Local repo no network help request

Mark Hatle mark.hatle at windriver.com
Fri Apr 7 09:08:29 PDT 2017

On 4/5/17 9:57 PM, Matthew Phillips wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to do the following:
>
> I have a local git repo, pulled manually from a remote repo (via a script).
> I have a .bb file set up referencing this repo. This .bb file includes
> (among other things):
>
>>> SRC_URI = "git://${TOPDIR}/../sources/my-repo;protocol=file;branch=master"
>>> SRCREV = "${AUTOREV}"

Check what the value of TOPDIR is in this case.  We've got layers that are doing
this exact behavior and they work properly -- but we're not using TOPDIR, we're
using ${THISDIR}, or other hard coded values that are full system paths.

A simple 'bitbake -e <recipe>' looking at SRC_URI should be able to show if you
have a full path or not.

The following is working for us:

KSRC_linux_windriver_4_8 ?= "${THISDIR}/../../git/kernel-4.8.x.git"
SRC_URI =
"git://${KSRC_linux_windriver_4_8};protocol=file;branch=${KBRANCH};name=machine"

(note this is with Morty, not master.)

--Mark