[yocto] Customize live grub entries

Alvaro Garcia maxpowel at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 03:59:26 PDT 2017

Hi, I want an unattended installation (just boot from USB, install, and
remove USB). I am able to remove all questions during install but I cant
customize the grub entries of the live boot. By default is market the
option "boot" but I need the "install" option.

In the file poky/plain/meta/classes/grub-efi.bbclass I found that the
variable GRUB_CFG_LIVE = "${S}/grub_live.cfg" contains the file with this
configuration but I cannot find this file. Where the image is built (inside
tmp directory) this file exists. I tried to override the variables
"LABELS_LIVE" without success (if I remove the boot option, it also
disappears from the installation and cannot boot later).

Once the image is flashed to an USB memory, the file syslinux_live.cfg
exists in the boot partition and if I edit it it works as I want. But this
is the bad way, would be great if I can edit it inside yocto build process.

Anyone knows what recipe should override?

Thank you