[yocto] Local repo no network help request

Matthew Phillips matthew1phillips at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 00:38:45 PDT 2017

I used an alternative pathname that eliminated the "/../", however it
still failed. The debug messages show that it is able to find the
local repo, but it seems to be trying to access HEAD regardless.

I have also tried a couple of the additional flags that I can set for
SRC_URI (ex. nobranch, usehead, etc.). Sadly, no option is available
to limite remote fetch operations.

1) Should I locally (in the .bb file) override do_fetch?

2) I also tried running git archive [...] on the local repo, and
pointing to the tgz file as such:

SRC_URI = "file://${TOPDIR}/my-repo.tgz

However this too failed. Or, I don't think it failed in the do_fetch
step, but it later failed during the build. (I saved the error
messages, but I don't have them atm). Please advise...what am I doing
incorrectly?

Thank you,