[yocto] [extensible_SDK] meta-world-pkgdata fails due to unresolvable RDEPEND statements

Sven.Woelfel at continental-corporation.com Sven.Woelfel at continental-corporation.com
Wed Apr 5 06:18:58 PDT 2017

When trying to build the extensible sdk with 'bitbake -c populate_sdk_ext
<image_name>' and these settings in my local.conf:

SDK_TITLE = "CAS_Extensible_SDK"
SDK_EXT_TYPE = "minimal"
SDK_INCLUDE_PKGDATA = "1"
SDK_INCLUDE_TOOLCHAIN = "0"

Bitbake is trying to build the 'meta-world-pkgdata' target. This would be
fine, however I get a lot of errors regarding
missing or unbuildable dependencys due to some unresolvable RDEPENDS
statements.
(e.g.: ERROR: Nothing RPROVIDES 'libgles2' (but
/local.build/nightly/poky_h3/build_h3/../poky/meta/recipes-graphics/cogl/cogl-1.0_1.22.0.bb
RDEPENDS on or otherwise requires it))

I tried to mask some recipes with the EXCLUDE_FROM_WORLD variable (in the
above case: for cogl) but after 20 recipes and still the same errors I
stopped.

If I build the SDK with 'SDK_INCLUDE_PKGDATA = "0" ' it works fine but I
do not get package index.

I also tried to find the missing recipes for the RDEPENDS but they are not
in any of my used layers.

Is there a way restrict the 'meta-world-pkgdata' target to a certain
layer? It would be sufficient for me if the package index would be created
only for my custom layer.
If not, is there a way to systematically resolve the RDEPENDS issues?
Where to start here?

I'm using krogoth together with the meta-renesas layer and some project
specific custom layers. I also tried building the SDK for
'core-image-minimal' with the same result.

Here is the content of my bblayers.conf:

POKY_BBLAYERS_CONF_VERSION = "2"

BBPATH = "${TOPDIR}"
BBFILES ?= ""

BBLAYERS ?= " \
  ${TOPDIR}/../poky/meta \
  ${TOPDIR}/../poky/meta-poky \
  ${TOPDIR}/../poky/meta-yocto-bsp \
  ${TOPDIR}/../meta-renesas/meta-rcar-gen3 \
  ${TOPDIR}/../meta-linaro/meta-optee \
  ${TOPDIR}/../meta-linaro/meta-linaro-toolchain \
  ${TOPDIR}/../meta-openembedded/meta-oe \
  ${TOPDIR}/../CAS_platform \
  ${TOPDIR}/../tf-apd/yocto-layers/meta-ara \
  ${TOPDIR}/../cas-applications/CAS_application \
  "
BBLAYERS_NON_REMOVABLE ?= " \
  ${TOPDIR}/../poky/meta \
  ${TOPDIR}/../poky/meta-poky \
  "

It would be very nice if someone could point me in the right direction. At
the moment I just ran out of ideas how to proceed.

With kind regards

Sven Woelfel