[yocto] Buildbot / Autobuilder / custom?

Alain Achkar alain.achkar at triacta.com
Mon Apr 3 18:43:22 PDT 2017

Hi Chris!

I had to put this task on hold and I am re-visiting it now. I followed the
instructions here:  http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/
yocto-autobuilder/tree/README-QUICKSTART and managed to force one of the
builds that comes with Yocto. I got errors but I'm not interested in the
Yocto-provided nightly builds anyway. (The errors are related to
buildhistory - it seems that some builds set Buildhistory=True but I
haven't set up a git repo for build history)

Now, I am still confused how to build the Variscite image for the i.MX6UL.
We are still at Jethro but don't mind upgrading to Krogoth.

I would appreciate some general guidelines on how to take the instructions
in here:
http://variwiki.com/index.php?title=DART-6UL_Yocto_Jethro_R1_build
and transform them to the config format that Autobuilder understands.

Mainly, I understand that I have to:

1) checkout the source code

$ mkdir ~/var-mx6ul-mx7-yocto-jethro
$ cd ~/var-mx6ul-mx7-yocto-jethro
$ repo init -u git://git.freescale.com/imx/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp.git -b
imx-4.1.15-1.0.0_ga
$ repo sync

$ cd ~/var-mx6ul-mx7-yocto-jethro/sources
$ git clone https://github.com/varigit/meta-variscite-mx6ul-mx7.git -b
imx_4.1.15_ga-var01

2) copy and patch

$ cp meta-variscite-mx6ul-mx7/scripts/var-setup-release.sh ../
$ patch -p1 < meta-variscite-mx6ul-mx7/patch/Fix-FSL-multi-patch-append-bugs.patch

3) setup a download directory

$ sudo mkdir /opt/yocto_downloads
$ sudo chmod 777 /opt/yocto_downloads/
$ sed -i 's/DL_DIR ?= "${BSPDIR}\/downloads/DL_DIR =
"\/opt\/yocto_downloads/g' conf/local.conf

4) setup the environment

$ cd ~/var-mx6ul-mx7-yocto-jethro
$ MACHINE=imx6ul-var-dart DISTRO=fsl-imx-x11 source
var-setup-release.sh -b build_x11

5) build

$ bitbake fsl-image-gui

I looked at some nightly-*.conf files, for example nightly-x86-64.conf to
try to guess what to do.

I know I have to create a file like nightly-var-mx6ul.conf but given that
Variscite is not using the 'repo' command that Freescale is using (they do
a git clone) and given step (2) of copying their own setup script and
patching the whole freescale meta- layers, I am not sure about what to put
instead of the line:

        {'CheckOutLayers': {}},

I also can't figure out how the info in Variscite's build-x11/local.conf
can be translated to the Autobuilder format, i.e. where to specify all
these config parameters.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.