[yocto] Still? Bug in cooker - networked PR_SERV

Matthew Stanger matthew_stanger at trimble.com
Mon Apr 3 12:16:38 PDT 2017

Hi,

I'm seeing the exact same bug as outlined here. It only happens when
the build server is unreachable:
http://lists.openembedded.org/pipermail/bitbake-devel/2015-April/005696.html

It crashes with the exact same error (self.state = 6) and bitbake
continues running in the background at 100% until you kill -9 it. Not
sure if this is still a bug but it's quite inconvenient to our CI
build system as if by chance the build server is unreachable it
requires the builder to have to be manually cleaned up. If it's not
being tracked currently & is still an issue I'd be glad to attempt a
patch if someone can point me in the correct direction getting
started. My setup info:

Build Configuration:
BB_VERSION        = "1.24.0"
BUILD_SYS         = "x86_64-linux"
NATIVELSBSTRING   = "LinuxMint-17.3"
TARGET_SYS        = "arm-poky-linux-gnueabi"
MACHINE           = "renew"
DISTRO            = "poky"
DISTRO_VERSION    = "1.7.1"
TUNE_FEATURES     = "arm armv5 thumb dsp arm926ejs"
TARGET_FPU        = "soft"

Cheers,
Matt