[yocto] Yocto Project Status WW40

Jolley, Stephen K stephen.k.jolley at intel.com
Fri Sep 30 08:26:24 PDT 2016

Current Dev Position: YP 2.2 M4

Next Deadline: YP 2.2 M4 which will be Oct. 3rd (5:00pm GMT)

SWAT team rotation: Joshua -> Armin

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team

Key Status/Updates:

*        We're seeing a lot of good bug fixing on master, we still have quite a number of open medium+ bugs which I'd like to see fixed in 2.2.

*        The 4.8 kernel is not out yet so the first rc build will likely be delayed until it is. We also haven't run a pretest to verify the issues in M3 are fixed as we haven't merged enough fixes yet so this isn't a huge issue.

*        The YP 2.2 branch name will be "morty".

*        I was asked to announce the release codenames earlier so the YP 2.3 branch name will be "pyro".

*        There were some serious regressions on krogoth around useradd/systemd. I often hear complaints we don't move fast enough with the stable release, this was a reminder of how we can get it badly wrong.

*        The defect tracking metric dropped this week, we're 50 points off the 2.1 level and I'm hoping we can achieve a bug reduction to that level before release.

Key YP 2.2 Dates:

*        YP 2.2 M4 cut off would be: 10/3/16

*        YP 2.2 M4 release would be: 10/28/16

Tracking Metrics:

            WDD 2451 (last week 2557)

(https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)

Key Status Links for YP:

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.2_Status

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.2_Schedule

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.2_Features

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you'd like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
INTEL, MS JF1-255, 2111 N.E. 25th Avenue, Hillsboro, OR 97124
*   Work Telephone:        (503) 712-0534
*    Cell:               (208) 244-4460
* Email:                            stephen.k.jolley at intel.com