[yocto] missing glxext.h header file in core-image-x11 // toolchain SDK

Karim ATIKI karim_atiki at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 29 07:46:25 PDT 2016

hi,

I have generated a core-image-x11 image for a Toradex Colibri T20 board.
I aim to compile and execute our application that normally runs under X11 + OpenGL.

I'm not an expert of X11 and gles technologies.

Therefore, I need to have the necessary libraries in the linux image I have generated.
I have therefore added in my local.conf:

DISTRO_FEATURES_append = "opengl"

In order to compile our application, I have generated the respective toolchain with bitbake -c populate_sdk core-image-x11.
It worked fine as well.

But as I launched the makefiles, I got some
...xxx.cpp :188:25: fatal error: GL/glxext.h: No such file or directory
   #include <GL/glxext.h>

Indeed, I have no glxext.h file in the generated toolchain  sdk, neither in the sysroots.
In my sysroot,  I have only:

./GL
??? glxint.h
??? glxmd.h
??? glxproto.h
??? glxtokens.h
??? internal
    ??? glcore.h
./GLES
??? egl.h
??? glext.h
??? gl.h
??? glplatform.h
./GLES2
??? gl2ext.h
??? gl2.h
??? gl2platform.h

So, I suppose that something is missing in the features of my core-image-x11 (and subsequently in the respective toolchain).

Should I add something  in some features ?

Cheers,

Karim