[yocto] How to add my own c++ project into a Yocto distro

Daniel. danielhilst at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 15:44:25 PDT 2016

I'm building libraries at my work with plain makefiles and getting the
code from SVN. There is no secret just follow the docs... One thing to
know is about compiling using run_oemake instead of simple "make" at
do_compile and that you may want to use CFLAGS_prefix = "some flags".
Dependencies should be added to DEPENDS_${PN} and running dependencies
to RDEPEND. Also you should remeber that Yocto will try to run
parallel builds so is a nice testing running make -j4 or make -j8 or
whatever you want, just to make sure that your Makefile is supporting
parallel building fine. If you want to inhibit parallel build at all
you can use .NOPARALLEL pseudo target, but this may make things
slower. I hope this helps,

Best regards and good lucky!

> Here's how to write a recipe:
>

> http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.6/dev-manual/dev-manual.html#new-recipe-writing-a-new-recipe
>

> When we started, we also had custom Makefiles. However, we found it was easier to add our recipes to automake before making a bitbake recipe.
>
> Automake is a challenge to get started, but worth learning.
>
> I don't regret our move to it.
>
> There are other options that work equally in yocto, though, like cmake.
>

> https://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/html_node/Hello-World.html

"Do or do not. There is no try"
  Yoda Master