[yocto] Freescale DPAA drivers

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Fri Sep 23 09:33:49 PDT 2016

On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 02:13:43PM +0000, Anicic Damir (PSI) wrote:
> I am using Yocto 2.1, PowerPC64, default kernel 4.1.22
> Building for T2080rdb.
>
> Everything builds, but kernel is missing DPAA Freescale drivers
> (dpaa_eth at least)
>

> It seems that DPAA Freescale drivers not in any Linux kernel (or am I wrong).
>
> Why is that so, is Freescale not planing to include them in kernel ?

I have seen them try.  There was a v5 patch for dpaa_eth in December 2015,
but I don't know what happened after that.

There is drivers/staging/fsl-mc/ in the most recent kernel, but I am
not sure that's everything needed yet.

In fact today there was:

http://lkml.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/1609.2/04508.html
http://lkml.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/1609.2/00356.html