[yocto] Meta layer for pine64

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 11:39:48 PDT 2016

On Fri, Sep 16, 2016 at 2:01 PM, Mont3z Claros <mont3z.claro5 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just finished a first beta version of a meta layer for SBC pine64.
> You can find it in  https://github.com/mont3z/meta-pine64
>
> I'd appreciate if anyone has any comments on possible improvements. A
> major problem I had was the necessity of two toolchains: one for
> compiling u-boot (32 bits) and another for compiling all other
> components (64 bis). At the moment I have a very ugly hack to do it.
> The 32 bit toolchain is an external toolchain and I set PATH
> environmental variable in u-boot recipe.

I think it would be desirable to have single toolchain, u-boot is a
stand alone app
in general, if your compiler can do multilib builds for 32bit then it
would be possible
to build it. May be you should work with the toolchain team for pine64 to see if
that can be done. It will simplify using this layer.

Other option I would suggest to build u-boot externally for your SoC, we do
not necessarily need a bootloader for building final images anyway.