[yocto] build ntp with openssl support

Andre McCurdy armccurdy at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 16:06:22 PDT 2016

On Fri, Sep 16, 2016 at 1:24 AM, Oliver Graute <oliver.graute at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> how can I build ntp with openssl support?
>
> I already created a ntp_%.bbappend file to extend the recipe ntp_4.2.8p4.bb.
>
> FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/files:"

You don't really need this line unless you are adding a file to
SRC_URI or replacing a file already in SRC_URI with your own version.

> PACKAGECONFIG += "openssl"

This will enable openssl, but it will also disable all the default
PACKAGECONFIG options (cap, debug and refclocks) which is probably not
what you want. Try this instead:

  PACKAGECONFIG_append = " openssl"

Note the space between " and openssl. It's required.