[yocto] [core-image-sato jethro] what kernel drivers for GPS / gpsd - udev rules / gpsd.hotplug not working

Simon P. Bolek simon.bolek at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 16 03:28:04 PDT 2016

Hi everyone,

When attaching a Navilock GPS USB mouse to the device, the gpsd-script
(/lib/udev/gpsd.hotplug) is not triggered to start gpsd with
/dev/ttyACM0, that was found.

It seems, /etc/udev/rules.d/60-gpsd.rules does not get triggered. In
there, the line:

SUBSYSTEM!="tty", GOTO="gpsd_rules_end"

prevents this line from beeing executed:

ATTRS{idVendor}=="1546", ATTRS{idProduct}=="01a5", SYMLINK+="gps%n",
RUN+="/lib/udev/gpsd.hotplug"

Why? Could you help me on that, please? I am stuck :(

When I comment the SUBSYSTEM!="tty" out, than it gets executed, but not
for /dev/ttyACM0 but for some "usb".

Do you know of any kernel modules that have to be bitbaked in order for
the GPS devices to run properly?

When running bitbake -c menuconfig linux-yocto i did not find any
specific GPS devices under "USB support". Are there generic drivers,
that need to be activated?

thank you and kind regards

simon :-)