[yocto] How to compile and install a recipe natively

Martin Bachmann bachmmar at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 22:49:15 PDT 2016

How can i instruct yocto to compile and install a package for example
opencv natively and for the target.
In my recipe I've added RDEPENDS += "opencv " and yocto installs the
libraries in the target rootfs. But now i'd like the libraries compiled
natively and installed to x86_x64-linux rootfs. This would allow me to
unittest my application on the host.

I've added "BBCLASSEXTEND =+ "native nativesdk "  to the opencv_3.0.bb
recipe.

If i add DEPENDS += "opencv-native " to my recipe nothing will be installed
to x86_x64-linux.
If i add RDEPENDS += "opencv-native " i get:
"WARNING: QA Issue: testrecipe rdepends on opencv-native, but it isn't a
build dependency?" and
"error: Can't install testrecipe-1.0-r0 at arm1176jzfshf_vfp: no package
provides opencv-native"

Has anyone done something like that?