[yocto] Modify fetch URL in BBappend file

Gujulan Elango, Hari Prasath (H.) hgujulan at visteon.com
Mon Sep 12 07:02:27 PDT 2016

Hello All

We are including the meta-ivi layer in our custom distribution. There is a package 'dlt-daemon' whose fetch URL got modified upstream in the recipe file due to some corruption in the repositories. I want to modify this URL in the corresponding bbappend file in my custom BSP layer. I tried specifying the new URL using the SRC_URI+, but when I built the package it ends up with error as it tries to fetch the URL in the original .bb file and doesn't take the fixed URL from the bbappend file.

http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-ivi/commit/?h=10.0&id=2aaa1d7bdd2f112bb4fa9f5e55f9966f4deb4679

The link above shows the commit that fixed the URL change in upstream which I am trying to bring in my bbappend file. I am not sure if I am missing something here.

Regards,
Hari Prasath