[yocto] Striping cross-compiled paths

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Mon Sep 12 14:00:16 PDT 2016

On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 08:16:02PM +0100, Burton, Ross wrote:
> If those paths come from __FILE__ and so on, then currently no.  It would
> be great if GCC could do this, but currently it can not.

__FILE__ contains whatever was passed to gcc, so if you ask it to do:

gcc file.c

then __FILE__ will be just file.c, while if you do:

gcc /full/path/to/my/file.c

then __FILE__ will be /full/path/to/my/file.c

So it really depends on how the makefile does things, and what bitbake
passes to the build.  It is not gcc's fault at all.

--
Len Sorensen