[yocto] ac_cv_sizeof_long size definition by SDK

Takashi Matsuzawa tmatsuzawa at uievolution.com
Fri Sep 9 04:33:03 PDT 2016

Hello, Yocto.

I am now puzzled by this variable ste in $CONFIG_SITE setup file in Yocto-generated SDK.

I generated x86_64 host, arm (32bit) target SDK.

And if I invoke $CC (arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc), using this SDK, sizeof (long) is 4 (long = int)

However, if I look into $CONFIG_SITE's definition of ac_cv_sizeof_long, it is defined as '8'.

I feel this is strange since if this cached configure data is for the target (and cross-compiling), this value should be 4, to match the above (arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc) result.

(I think this part of the cache is being copied from poky/meta/site/x86_64-linux, )

This is causing break if I build autotool based program using the SDK.

Am I doing mis-use of SDK here?