[yocto] debugging pkg_postinst?

Takashi Matsuzawa tmatsuzawa at uievolution.com
Wed Sep 7 00:21:53 PDT 2016

Hello Yocto.

This may be a novice question, but just in case you have suggestion:

Debugging pkg_postinst script is simply taking time for me, since I wait rootfs creation to confirm its result.

This is a overkill since rpm creation is just a few min, but generating whole rootfs takes hours.

I wonder if there is a better way to do this.

I imagine trying install of individual rpm file on target may give me information (since rpm installation shall run postinst script as well).

But, rather, it would be handy if I can invoke bitbake command and let it just run rootfs portion of my component.