[yocto] Failing build following Quick Start

Adolfo Sanchez adolfo_sm_cr at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 6 06:13:23 PDT 2016

Hello

I am new to Yocto and trying to learn the basics of the system

I am following the Yocto Quick Start guide:

http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.1/yocto-project-qs/yocto-project-qs.html

Details:

1) I am using Lubuntu 16.04 64bits on a Oracle VirtualBox VM, over a Windows10 host.

2) I downloaded the poky from the Yocto page instead of download it via git

3) I am tryting to build the basic core-image-sato for qemu

4) I am getting  the following error:

ERROR: Task 1921 (virtual:native:/home/adolfo/Yocto-testin/poky-krogoth-15.0.1/meta/recipes-support/gmp/gmp_6.1.0.bb, do_compile) failed with exit code '1'
5) I test  the ${WORKDIR}/temp/run.do_compile I get the following error:
x86_64-linux-libtool:   error: 'abs.lo' is not a valid libtool object
Makefile:421: recipe for target 'libmpq.la' failed
make[2]: *** [libmpq.la] Error 1

Any help would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Adolfo Sanchez