[yocto] yocto web-kiosk project matchbox-keyboard

pirmin.weisser at t-online.de pirmin.weisser at t-online.de
Fri Sep 2 02:37:54 PDT 2016

Hello yocto people,

I started with yocto/poky to build my own linux distro for an embedded
system. I started with poky alone, then added the web-kiosk metalayer but
haven't seen the automatic popup of the virtual keyboard working on my
target system.
I was hoping that you can give me some hint or direct me to someone who can
help.

I have been able to successfully build and run that yocto project
(web-kiosk) for my embedded board (iMX6 based with Touch display).

One function is not working on the target system: The automatic popup of
the virtual keyboard when I select a text entry field (e.g. by touching
it).
Display and Touch are working fine, internet connection via Ethernet is
there and the midori browser comes up automatically.
If I start the matchbox-keyboard manually with
>Display=:0.0 matchbox-keyboard
the keboard windows comes up and it works as expected: I can use the touch
screen to enter text.

So it is just the automatic popup that does not work.
Can you give me a hint where to look at or how to fix this ?
Or a link to documentation or forum about how to link the virtual keyboard
to the text entry fields in the browser?

Ps command indicates that
matchbox-windows-manager
and
matchbox-keyboard -d