[yocto] Yocto Project Status WW36

Jolley, Stephen K stephen.k.jolley at intel.com
Fri Sep 2 08:26:19 PDT 2016

Current Dev Position: YP 2.2 M3 Stabilizing

Next Deadline: YP 2.2 M4 which will be Oct. 3rd (5:00pm GMT)

SWAT team rotation: Tracy -> Alejandro

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team

Key Status/Updates:

*        M3 is proving to be 'somewhat problematic' in that it's driving me crazy trying to get some important but buggy patch series to work together and have stable builds. I started this on Tuesday and we're starting to see green builds four days later.

*        The biggest worry left is we're continuing to see qemuppc builds having intermittent networking failures in runtime testing. This seems to occur on larger images like sato-sdk and lsb-sdk. It's occurring on 4.1 and 4.8 kernels in lsb and non-lsb builds. Example failures are:

o   http://autobuilder.yocto.io:8010/builders/nightly-ppc/builds/35

o   https://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/main/builders/nightly-ppc/builds/928<https://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/main/builders/nightly-ppc/builds/928>

Help in debugging and fixing this would be *much* appreciated, we're running out of ideas atm.

*        Other issues encountered in M3 to give an idea of the issues we've run into are:

o   x86-lsb, x86-64-lsb, ppc-lsb - all failing to boot and run tests due to rng issues (gnutls upgrade is particularly susceptible)

o   multilib issue with libnl

o   aarch64 parselogs issue with 4.8 kernel

o   fedora23.yocto.io (new AB) SDL video issue

o   New xattr test failure with setfattr

o   New AB missing python3-git

o   fedora24.osl.yoctoproject.org missing gnupg

o   Various gtkdoc issues (interpreter paths, nox11 issues, n32 multilib qemu user mode)

o   Continued busybox parallel make issues

o   Writing a runqemu patch that handles the dtb requirement of qemuarm kernels with the runqemu python changes from Robert

o   Updated the musl patches in libc-headers to work with newer kernels

o   Fix musl build failures with new kernel headers

o   Updated lttng-{modules,tools,ust} to avoid build failures with 4.8

o   Switched the default qemu kernel 4.4 -> 4.8 in poky

o   Update the cryptodev recipes to handle the 4.8 kernel

o   parselogs failures for qemuarm

o   runqemu patchset whitespace issues

o   kexec-tools upgrade being broken

o   gnutls upgrade being broken

o   kernel signing change being untested without signing enabled

o   image/sstate manifest changes causing problems

o   boost mips changes breaking the builds

o   Various issues with the image/sdk/sstate manifest patch series

*        At this point I think things are stabilizing. If you've sent a patch you expect in M3 and it's not in master-next, please contact RP/Ross ASAP. The final M3 build is likely to happen early next week.

Key YP 2.2 Dates:

*        YP 2.2 M3 cut off would be: 8/29/16

*        YP 2.2 M3 release would be: 9/9/16

*        YP 2.2 M4 cut off would be: 10/3/16

*        YP 2.2 M4 release would be: 10/28/16

Tracking Metrics:

            WDD 2651 (last week 2747)

(https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)

Key Status Links for YP:

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.2_Status

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.2_Schedule

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.2_Features

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you'd like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
INTEL, MS JF1-255, 2111 N.E. 25th Avenue, Hillsboro, OR 97124
*   Work Telephone:        (503) 712-0534
*    Cell:               (208) 244-4460
* Email:                            stephen.k.jolley at intel.com