[yocto] Yocto and Google protobuffer

Pietro pulsarpietro at posteo.net
Thu Sep 1 06:10:55 PDT 2016

Jussi Kukkonen <jussi.kukkonen at intel.com>
writes:

> On 1 September 2016 at 13:21, Herman van Hazendonk
> <me at herrie.org> wrote:
>
>     Hi Pietro,
>
>     You can override the recipe by adding a recipe for version 3.0.0+
>     in your own layer and making sure your layer has a higher priority
>     in bblayers.conf. See for example what we do in our project:
>
>     https://github.com/webOS-ports/webos-ports-setup/blob/testing/conf/bblayers.conf
>

>     openembedded-core provides ofono 1.1.7 for example with
>     https://github.com/openembedded/openembedded-core/tree/krogoth/meta/recipes-
>    connectivity/ofono
>
>     However we want to use ANOTHER version of ofono (1.1.7 based, but
>     from a different repo/project).
>
>     So we have our own .bbappend at
>     https://github.com/webOS-ports/meta-webos-ports/blob/krogoth/meta-luneos/recipes-connectiv
>    ity/ofono/ofono_git.bbappend where we specify the different repo
>     etc to use.
>
>     This doesn't apply 1:1 in your case, but you could simply add a
>     protobuf_3.0.0.bb in your own layer and it should build that
>     instead. Just make sure you have your layer at a higher position
>     compared to meta-openembedded in your bblayers.conf

Thanks a lot.
I have written my own repice and added it into my own layer, it
does not compile though :

| autoreconf: configure.ac: tracing
|
| autoreconf: configure.ac: subdirectory gmock not present
| autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Libtool
| autoreconf: running:
| /export/arm/pietro/PD15.1/build/tmp-glibc/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/bin/autoconf
| --include=/export/arm/pietro/PD15.1/build/tmp-glibc/work/cortexa8t2hf-vfp-neon-phytec-linux-gnueabi/proto
buf/3.0.0-r0/git/m4/ --force

| configure.ac:93: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
|
|       If this token and others are legitimate, please use
|       m4_pattern_allow.
|       See the Autoconf documentation.
|
| autoreconf:
| /export/arm/pietro/PD15.1/build/tmp-glibc/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/bin/autoconf
| failed with exit status: 1
|
| + bbfatal autoreconf execution failed.

I understand this is a completely different matter now, but has
anybody else seen this before ? I have tried to compile the same
revision on my local machine "natively" and it's built fine.

That library should be a dependency for another package/recipe I am
working on, is it allowed to specify a version inside the DEPENDS
recipe's clause ? I have tried to google the problem but I haven't found
a working example as yet.

Cheers,
P.