[yocto] how to copy a tar file to Root file system

Swapna.Gurumani at microchip.com Swapna.Gurumani at microchip.com
Mon Oct 31 21:03:58 PDT 2016

With the attached recipe I get the following error:
ERROR: crank-1.0-r0 do_package: QA Issue: crank: Files/directories were installed but not shipped in any package:
  /opt
  /opt/sb_launch.sh
  /opt/clear_buffers
  /opt/runsb.sh
  /opt/README.txt

.
.
.

  /opt/WashingMachine_V2/fonts/Roboto-Regular.ttf
Please set FILES such that these items are packaged. Alternatively if they are unneeded, avoid installing them or delete them within do_install.
crank: 1733 installed and not shipped files. [installed-vs-shipped]
ERROR: crank-1.0-r0 do_package: Fatal QA errors found, failing task.
ERROR: crank-1.0-r0 do_package: Function failed: do_package
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/swapna/workspace/work/yocto/poky/build-atmel/tmp/work/cortexa5hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/crank/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_package.19127
ERROR: Task 1104 (/home/swapna/workspace/work/yocto/meta-atmel/qt5-layer/recipes-qt/apps/crank_1.0.bb, do_package) failed with exit code '1'

I feel am very close!!
Regards
Swapna