[yocto] how to add files to boot media hddimg/ISO

Lars Larsen lars at visionweeding.com
Wed Oct 26 06:22:04 PDT 2016

Hello yocto world

I have a recipe that produce an ISO image and a hddimg image.
I need to add a file to the boot media root, alongside rootfs.img and
intrd  - so it is NOT a part of the rootfs

inspired by bootimg.bbclass, I tried to add the following recipe to my build

/DESCRIPTION = "Provide a sektionnumber.dat file on bootmedia (ISO and
hdd)"//
//
//LICENSE = "CLOSED"//
//BRANCH ?= "develop"//
//SRC_URI ="file://sektionnumber.dat;"//
//FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/files:" //
////
//
//do_bootimg_prepend(){//
//    install -d ${ISODIR}//
//    install -m 0644 "${THISDIR}/files/sektionnumber.dat
${ISODIR}/sektionnumber.dat//
//      install -d ${HDDDIR}//
//   install -m 0644 "${THISDIR}/files/sektionnumber.dat
${HDDDIR}/sektionnumber.dat//
//}

/but it is not recognized

any suggestions ?