[yocto] YoctoProject: problem bitbake core-image-minimal

Trevor Woerner twoerner at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 13:27:46 PDT 2016

Hi Luca,

In order for us to help you, could you please provide more information
which better describes exactly what you did?

I have no experience with any of the paid SUSE products, but I do know
that poky can be built fine with openSUSE Leap 42.1 or 13.2 on x86-64
hardware.

There is a lot of documentation discussing Yocto; some of it good,
some of it not so good. Which Yocto documentation were you following?
Can you provide a link?

In addition to the "bitbake core-image-minimal" command, what commands
did you type before that (git clone, source <...>)? Did you edit any
of the configuration files before you tried building? What additional
packages have you installed on your development host?

Looking through the details you provided...

On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 11:33 AM, Luca Boscariol DEC
<lboscariol at decelettronica.com> wrote:
> Build Configuration:
> BB_VERSION        = "1.30.0"
> BUILD_SYS         = "x86_64-linux"
> NATIVELSBSTRING   = "universal"
> TARGET_SYS        = "arm-poky-linux-gnueabi"
> MACHINE           = "qemuarm"
> DISTRO            = "poky"
> DISTRO_VERSION    = "2.1.1"
> TUNE_FEATURES     = "arm armv5 thumb dsp"
> TARGET_FPU        = "soft"
> meta
> meta-poky
> meta-yocto-bsp    = "<unknown>:<unknown>"

It looks like you're trying to build krogoth by downloading the
krogoth tarball from https://www.yoctoproject.org/downloads?

I would suggest opening a fresh terminal and following
http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.1/yocto-project-qs/yocto-project-qs.html
exactly (by using git clone instead of the downloads) and see if that
helps.