[yocto] 2.2 release note material

akuster808 akuster808 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 08:26:37 PDT 2016

Paul

On 10/19/2016 07:25 PM, Paul Eggleton wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been gathering material for the 2.2 release notes, here is what I have at
> the moment. Things missing:

Thanks for putting this together.

> * Any new features/enhancements for the kernel tools - Bruce, is there
> anything worth noting?
>
> * Known issues that are worth calling out
>
> Note that I haven't included all of the bugfixes in this release since we
> haven't been recently and there are a lot of them. I do have a list of them if
> we want to include them but not only is it very long, it's not guaranteed to
> be devoid of fixes for regressions within the release and I also haven't
> tweaked any of the items to be more understandable out of context as I have
> with the features/enhancements.
>
> Let me know if I've missed or misrepresented anything.

Regarding the CVE list. I see some info is based on what was in the
commit messages for package updates. I suspect the list would be bigger
because of general package updates. Should the release notes make note
of that?
  Should the community in general provide more info in the commits to
help with release notes if that is a source used for that process?

- Armin