[yocto] 2.2 release note material

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at windriver.com
Wed Oct 19 20:54:59 PDT 2016

On 2016-10-19 10:25 PM, Paul Eggleton wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been gathering material for the 2.2 release notes, here is what I have at
> the moment. Things missing:
>
> * Any new features/enhancements for the kernel tools - Bruce, is there
> anything worth noting?

It is probably worth mentioning a few things on that front, I'll provide
some raw bullets points here .. and they can be wordsmithed as needed:

  - kernel tools were streamlined, with patching/configuration overhead
    reduced or eliminated in most cases.
  - kernel configuration audit was improved and runs as a standalone tool
  - kernel configuration audit provides symbol resolution and dependency
    information to allow troubleshooting of missing/incorrect/invalid
symbols
  - kernel tools use upstream utilities directly, without local patches or
    wrappers.

Bruce