[yocto] Install mozroot-certdata package on a read only root file system

Nick Wareing nick.wareing at aranzmedical.com
Tue Oct 18 15:26:33 PDT 2016

I have an established yocto build which I'm now trying to switch over to having a root file system (eg. EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES += "read-only-rootfs").

However I'm running into an issue with a recipe in the meta-mono layer: mozroot-certdata. I see the culprit is the pkg_postint script (http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-mono/tree/recipes-mono/mozroot-certdata/mozroot-certdata_1.0.0.bb) which needs to modify the root file system on first boot which the build system is correctly flagging as impossible with a read only root file system:

ERROR: The following packages could not be configured offline and rootfs is read-only: ['mozroot-certdata']

My question is: is their a way to get these mozroot certs installed and configured with mono during the build process, such that the root file system does not need to be modified at boot/run time?

Cheers,

Nick