[yocto] Yocto recipe license

Contrib Open Source contrib.open.source at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 22:23:42 PDT 2016

Hello,

thanks for pointing me to oe-core LICENSE file.

Just to be sure, from:
https://github.com/openembedded/openembedded-core/blob/master/LICENSE
   "All metadata is MIT licensed unless otherwise stated. Source code
    included in tree for individual recipes is under the LICENSE stated in
    the associated recipe (.bb file) unless otherwise stated.

    License information for any other files is either explicitly stated
    or defaults to GPL version 2."

Here "metadata" stands for "oe-core recipe", right ?

What if we extend (*.bbappend) a GPLv2 recipe: is it "contaminated" or not ?

Regards,
contrib