[yocto] which meta-intel woudl build a kernel 4.8

VanCutsem, Geoffroy geoffroy.vancutsem at intel.com
Thu Oct 6 23:19:40 PDT 2016

-------- Original message --------
From: "Dominig ar Foll (Intel Open Source)" <dominig.arfoll at fridu.net>
Date: 06/10/2016 20:16 (GMT+01:00)
To: yocto at yoctoproject.org
Subject: [yocto] which meta-intel woudl build a kernel 4.8

Hello,

I was happily under 'jethro' until now but I need to build a kernel 4.8
fir Intel HW to get access to some new features.

I can see that the 'master' branch bump to 4.8 but unfortunately come
with the following errors :

ERROR: No recipes available for:

/home/dominig/AGL/meta-intel/common/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-yocto-tiny_4.8.bbappend

/home/dominig/AGL/meta-intel/common/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-yocto_4.8.bbappend

Would someone have an idea how I could get a 4.8 working meta-intel ?

[Geoffroy] I don't know how the overall AGL repo is constructed but it sounds like you would need to update your openembedded-core as well to master to have the base recipes for 4.8 (in meta/recipes-kernel/linux)

Geoffroy