[yocto] openjdk build fails due to checksum mismatches from icedtea-native

Darcy Watkins dwatkins at sierrawireless.com
Wed Oct 5 18:14:58 PDT 2016

> On Oct 5, 2016, at 4:52 PM, Khem Raj <raj.khem at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Oct 5, 2016, at 4:45 PM, Randy Mortensen <randym at stratagemsystems.com> wrote:
>>> On Oct 5, 2016, at 5:04 PM, Darcy Watkins <dwatkins at sierrawireless.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> From what I gleaned from recent discussions of fetcher errors, this is somehow connected with rollout of Python related security fixes to various Linux distributions and/or some ...-native recipes.
>>>
>>> It was a bunch of tar balls that are named as mercurial hashes from within iced tea rather than the yocto fetch. I worked around it by grabbing the tarballs from a different checkout since I didn't have time to dig into it.
>>>
>>> It affected a fresh checkout I was building from scratch.
>>>
>> Thanks for the response. This also happened to me when trying to build from scratch.
>> For my clarification, did you already have the tar balls downloaded or were you able to download them from a previous (icedtea) commit somehow?

I had the tar balls in a different build that I had around for some time.  The reason I never cached these ones in a shared location on our server was I felt that tar balls with small hashes as filenames was too prone to collisions, especially without a package name as a prefix.  I don't know if that is a convention of iced tea, or how the fetcher handles mercurial.

> Can you check if the tarballs have been rebuilt upstream ? if so we should try to find out what changed.
> It could also be an oversight that a recipe update forgot or updated the checksums wrongly. but we should try to root cause it

I agree here.  We should root cause it.

---

Regards,

Darcy