[yocto] Question: xxxx listed in PACKAGES multiple times, this leads to packaging errors

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Tue Oct 4 12:59:53 PDT 2016

On Tue, 04 Oct 2016 19:47:58 Dinh Nguyen wrote:
> The c-mlib.bb below has the packages var as
> PACKAGES =+ "${PN}” I also tried PACKAGES = "${PN}”

PACKAGES = "${PN}" should work (or use bitbake -e recipename | less, search
for ^PACKAGES= (with /) and look through the history to see why not).

However, if you do make that work I suspect you'll probably hit other
warnings/errors due to unpackaged files or other issues. I guess you are
trying to work around the fact that you have a non-symlink .so file that you
want to get into the main ${PN} package, is that correct?

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton