[yocto] [pseudo-native] No real function for mknod

Jussi Kukkonen jussi.kukkonen at intel.com
Mon Oct 3 06:00:47 PDT 2016

On 3 October 2016 at 15:02, Michel D'HOOGE <michel.dhooge at free.fr> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Since the end of last week, I try to produce any kind of images, with no
success :-(

> Note that even though I'm not a seasoned Yocto user, in more than a year
I managed many times to produce images & SDKs. And this time, I tried
several configs, erased everything and restarted from scratch, etc., but
with always the same problem.

> I have the following logs (in grey, so I guess not a warning nor an
error) when running bitbake:
> No real function for mknod:
/mnt/Yocto/Fabric-x64/build/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/bin/../lib/pseudo/lib64/libpseudo.so:
undefined symbol: mknod
> No real function for mknodat:
/mnt/Yocto/Fabric-x64/build/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/bin/../lib/pseudo/lib64/libpseudo.so:
undefined symbol: mknodat

I believe this issue was fixed with a patch in poky master with
commit e090775f7e in May (and later in an upstream pseudo release). Are you
sure you are seeing this with poky master?

 - Jussi

> And at the end, this crashes with:
> ERROR: core-image-minimal-initramfs-1.0-r0 do_rootfs: Unable to install
packages. Command
'/mnt/Yocto/Fabric-x64/build/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/bin/smart
--log-level=warning
--data-dir=/mnt/Yocto/Fabric-x64/build/tmp/work/genericx86_64-poky-linux/core-image-minimal-initramfs/1.0-r0/rootfs/var/lib/smart
install --attempt -y ' returned 1:

> I tried the poky git repo with krogoth (HEAD & mid-september) and master;
with recipes core-image-minima & core-image-sato.

> I know that I always have a warning from bitbake about "Debian-unstable"
not being validated, but so far, it worked.