[yocto] Source file recipe dependencies

Yannick Lanz yannick.lanz at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 06:02:26 PDT 2016

Hi all,

I need to create the recipes for two executables which are both using git
and makefile.

The first binary can be compiled in a standalone way and doesn't need any
other library. I made the do_compile and do_install to respectively compile
and install the produced files in the output target directories.

My problem now is that the second executable need a configuration file and
source (*.c) from the first one during the compilation and I don't know
really the best way to do that. I precise that the two applications are not
mine and then I have to deal with that.

My first idea was to install the conf and *.c files into the staging
dir (${STAGING_DIR_NATIVE}/...)
and to provide may be the packet <app1>-dev. The second application could
depends with DEPENDS on <app1>-dev and the app2 makefile need just to know
where the files are located (with a variable) but I'm not sure if this is
the best solution.

Have you some idea/advice or better solution to propose ?