[yocto] populate_sdk_ext: Huge(?) differences between RPM & DEB

Michel D'HOOGE michel.dhooge at free.fr
Tue Nov 29 02:36:46 PST 2016

Ross,

Thank you for your answer. I applied your commit. And after struggling a little with some side-effects that led to erasing my build/tmp, everything is now fine, both with rpm & deb.

Well… When I say "fine", I mean no errors during the baking. But the results are a bit different:

RPM-based
Installer is 1.7 GiB.
SDK is 10.3 GiB, 168361 files & 35049 folders.

Debian-based:
Installer is 1.3GiB.
8.9GiB, 172366 files & 34795 folders.

What is the same in both runs is the emptiness of the manifest files!
Both target.manifests are empty. And the host manifests only have a single line (meta-environment-extsdk)

Does that make sense?

Thanks
Michel