[yocto] What source is included in sstate hash, how to change?

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Mon Nov 28 13:34:40 PST 2016

Hi Martin,

On Mon, 28 Nov 2016 16:16:30 Vuille, Martin wrote:
> [...]

If what you mean is you want to change the source in the work directory and
have the recipe rebuild - I would strongly advise using the externalsrc class
instead, since it's designed to enable that situation and avoid losing your
changes - since the source unpacked by the build system does get removed under
certain circumstances and you don't want your changes to go with it.

Alternatively, if your configuration is temporary while you are making changes
to the source (or can be) then it would be worth checking out "devtool modify"
since that helps you build a workflow around making those changes.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton