[yocto] Yocto Project Status WW49
Jolley, Stephen K
stephen.k.jolley at intel.com
Mon Nov 28 07:48:58 PST 2016
Current Dev Position: YP 2.3 M1
Next Deadline: YP 2.3 M1 by Dec. 12, 2016
SWAT team rotation: Juro -> Anibal
* We are switching these reports to Monday instead of Friday, at least for the next month or so for various reasons.
* 2.1.2 was released last week.
* We're now part way through M1 and are making good progress in a number of key areas.
* Mark Hatle has shared an interesting setup tool for managing/adding/removing layers. It requires use of a layer index to guide it but it may be a way forward for distros wanting to guide their users in setting up build environments. A number of projects are evaluating its usage. There is discussion about this on the architecture mailing list.
* The changes to the default expansion parameter of getVar/getVarFlag have merged. We are now in the process of removing the obsolete "True" parameters to clean up the codebase.
* Work on recipe specific sysroots now has a proof of concept and there will be discussion about this on the architecture mailing list.
* Rather than make uninative the default for OE-Core, we've agreed to enable the native compiler options globally which should allow eSDK to work with OE-Core.
Proposed upcoming dot releases:
YP 2.0.3 Release by Dec. 9, 2016
YP 2.2.1 Release by Jan. 20, 2017
YP 2.1.3 Release by May. 19, 2017
Key YP 2.3 Dates:
YP 2.3 M1 Cutoff is Dec. 12, 2016
YP 2.3 M1 Release is Dec. 23, 2016
YP 2.3 M2 Cutoff is Jan. 23, 2017
YP 2.3 M2 Release is Feb. 3, 2017
YP 2.3 M3 Cutoff is Feb 27, 2017
YP 2.3 M3 Release is Mar. 10, 2017
YP 2.3 M4 Cutoff is April 3, 2017
YP 2.3 M4 Release is April 28, 2017
WDD 2552 (last week 2514)
Key Status Links for YP:
[If anyone has suggestions for other information you'd like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]
Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
INTEL, MS JF1-255, 2111 N.E. 25th Avenue, Hillsboro, OR 97124
* Work Telephone: (503) 712-0534
* Cell: (208) 244-4460
* Email: stephen.k.jolley at intel.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the yocto