[yocto] populate_sdk_ext: Unable to locate package nativesdk-buildtools-perl-dummy

Michel D'HOOGE michel.dhooge at free.fr
Wed Nov 16 02:48:21 PST 2016

Hi,

I try to produce an extensible SDK for core-image-sato with the following configuration:

BB_VERSION = "1.32.0"
BUILD_SYS = "x86_64-linux"
NATIVELSBSTRING = "universal"
TARGET_SYS = "x86_64-poky-linux"
MACHINE = "vtc7200"
DISTRO = "poky-systemd"
DISTRO_VERSION = "2.2"
TUNE_FEATURES = "m64 corei7"

The machine is based on an intel-corei7, with some features removed. And the distro is poky-based, with only systemd (as detailed in the ref manual). And I get the following error:

ERROR : buildtools-tarball-1.0-r0 do_populate_sdk: Unable to install packages. Command '/mnt/Yocto/vedecom-x86/build/tmp/sysroots/x86_
64-linux/usr/bin/apt-get install --force-yes --allow-unauthenticated nativesdk-locale-base-en-us nativesdk-git nativesdk-make native
sdk-ca-certificates nativesdk-tar nativesdk-python3-modules nativesdk-texinfo nativesdk-python3-git nativesdk-ncurses-terminfo-base n
ativesdk-chrpath nativesdk-python3-misc nativesdk-git-perltools nativesdk-buildtools-perl-dummy nativesdk-pigz nativesdk-wget natives
dk-python3-core' returned 100:
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
E: Unable to locate package nativesdk-buildtools-perl-dummy

The package exists and is in:
tmp/deploy/deb/buildtools-dummy-nativesdk/nativesdk-buildtools-perl-dummy_1.0-r2_allarch.deb
while the other listed packages are in tmp/deploy/deb/x86_64-nativesdk.

It seems this package is empty, so maybe I should simply remove it from poky/meta/recipes-core/meta/buildtools-tarball.bb.

Thanks for your help
Michel