[yocto] Buildbot / Autobuilder / custom?

Alain Achkar alain.achkar at triacta.com
Fri Nov 11 09:35:42 PST 2016

Hello Joshua!

We are using Yocto to build for the Variscite DART-6UL SoM which is based
on Freescale/NXP i.MX6UL (
http://variwiki.com/index.php?title=DART-6UL_Yocto_Jethro_R1_build).

Currently, developers run builds manually on their desktops. We are
considering using a continuous integration server. I found out that The
Yocto Project uses Autobuilder which in turn uses BuildBot. I read most of
the introductory documentation.

Would you recommend that we install only BuildBot and configure it to build
what we need?

OR

Would you recommend that we install Autobuilder (and BuildBot) and
configure it to build what we need?

What is the faster path to get up and running?

Thanks!
Alain.

--

Alain Achkar, M.Eng. | Software Engineer

*Triacta Power Solutions*

(O) 613.256.2868 (C) 613.406.6520

*www.triacta.com  <http://www.triacta.com/>*