[yocto] Buildbot / Autobuilder / custom?

Beth 'pidge' Flanagan pidge at toganlabs.com
Fri Nov 11 10:37:53 PST 2016

On Fri, 2016-11-11 at 12:35 -0500, Alain Achkar wrote:
> Hello Joshua!
>
> We are using Yocto to build for the Variscite DART-6UL SoM which is
> based on Freescale/NXP i.MX6UL (http://variwiki.com/index.php?title=D
> ART-6UL_Yocto_Jethro_R1_build).
>
> Currently, developers run builds manually on their desktops. We are
> considering using a continuous integration server. I found out that
> The Yocto Project uses Autobuilder which in turn uses BuildBot. I
> read most of the introductory documentation.
>
> Would you recommend that we install only BuildBot and configure it to
> build what we need?
>
> OR
>
> Would you recommend that we install Autobuilder (and BuildBot) and
> configure it to build what we need?

Actually, the yocto-autobuilder already contains buildbot so no need
for both.

If you read:

http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/yocto-autobuilder/tree/README-QUIC
KSTART

and probably some of the other READMEs and the documentation in the
docs directory of the yocto-autobuilder directory, it should get you
started in the right direction.

Feel free to ask questions if you need help.

-b

Elizabeth 'pidge' Flanagan
Founder/CTO Togán Labs
www.toganlabs.com