[yocto] [meta-raspberrypi] Linux Kernel In Temporary Source Code Directory Is Not a git repository"

Thomas Thorne Thomas.Thorne at net2edge.com
Thu Nov 10 07:26:15 PST 2016

> The actual kernel source is in work-shared/<your machine>/kernel-source/
Thanks, I knew it had to be something simple:
~/work/rpi-layer/build/tmp/work-shared/raspberrypi3/kernel-source/drivers/usb$ git status
On branch rpi-4.4.y
Your branch is ahead of 'origin/rpi-4.4.y' by 2 commits.
  (use "git push" to publish your local commits)
nothing to commit, working directory clean

I'll generate my patches off of that work area.

> If you are trying to modify a header

I am patching drivers/usb/serial/option.c and drivers/usb/serial/usb_wwan.c so no header file changes as far as I aware.  Thank you for the warning though.

Thomas A. F. Thorne<mailto:Thomas.Thorne at Net2Edge.com>  Software Engineer  Net2Edge<http://www.net2edge.com/>