[yocto] Postinsts question

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Wed Nov 9 05:18:46 PST 2016

On 8 November 2016 at 23:23, Vuille, Martin (Martin) <vmartin at avaya.com>
wrote:

> We are running with our rootfs mounted read-only.
>
> Consequently, any postinsts that get deferred to first boot fail.
>

> Is there a way to fail the build for any postinsts that can’t
>
> be performed during the build and have to be deferred?

I was looking at some other selftests today and a test suggested that this
already happens, and it's true.

If you add 'read-only-rootfs' to IMAGE_FEATURES then delayed postists are
fatal:

ERROR: core-image-sato-base-1.0-r0 do_rootfs: The following packages could
not be configured offline and rootfs is read-only: ['postinst-test-delayed']
ERROR: core-image-sato-base-1.0-r0 do_rootfs: Function failed: do_rootfs

Ross