[yocto] Postinsts question

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Tue Nov 8 16:50:09 PST 2016

On 8 November 2016 at 23:23, Vuille, Martin (Martin) <vmartin at avaya.com>
wrote:

> Is there a way to fail the build for any postinsts that can’t
>
> be performed during the build and have to be deferred?

Sadly not that I'm aware of currently.  If you're using a sufficiently
recent release (and by that I mean 2.2 / morty) then there is integrated
support for image QA tests (added in oe-core c9bef2ec if you want to
backport it) which lets you write an image QA function that could verify
that there are no delayed postinsts present in the image.

This would be a sensible addition for read-only rootfs, would you mind
filing a bug?

Ross