[yocto] FW: cmake version 3.0.0 or greater

Dinh Nguyen (dinhn) dinhn at cisco.com
Tue Nov 8 06:09:17 PST 2016

>>> I found  git://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core<http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core> has version  3.6.x
>>> So I tried to pull it in. But this version got a trace back when integrated to our SDK Yocto Dizzy.

>Take the recipes from master, copy the changes to dizzy, then fix any problems caused by taking recipes from now and applying them to a two year old release.

Thanks Ross,

I am trying to take the cmake recipe from the master now. Hope it will work.

I was hoping to see if there is any  existing 3.x version for Dizzy. OK,  let see how it goes with the latest from the master.

—Dinh

Right, and I am trying to upgrade to 3x version.  Would you please tell me which cmake patch or recipe  that I can use to upgrade to 3.x version for Dizzy?

What you said:

> I found  git://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core<http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core> has version  3.6.x
> So I tried to pull it in. But this version got a trace back when integrated to our SDK Yocto Dizzy.

Take the recipes from master, copy the changes to dizzy, then fix any problems caused by taking recipes from now and applying them to a two year old release.

Ross