[yocto] FW: cmake version 3.0.0 or greater

Dinh Nguyen (dinhn) dinhn at cisco.com
Mon Nov 7 20:52:31 PST 2016

Hi Yocto Gurus

Our SDK has the Yocto Project 1.7 Dizzy version and it supports cmake 2.8.12 version as show below:
./meta/recipes-devtools/cmake/cmake_2.8.12.2.bb
./meta/recipes-devtools/cmake/cmake-native_2.8.12.2.bb

We need to pulling the cmake 3.x.x version for our sdk-dslink-c recipe build.

I found  git://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core has version  3.6.x
So I tried to pull it in. But this version got a trace back when integrated to our SDK Yocto Dizzy.

Can you advise which open embedded-core version/git location to pull in to SDK Dizzy version for cmake 3.x.x version

Thanks,
  —Dinh