[yocto] Supported "init" types

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 09:37:14 PST 2016

On 11/7/16 9:27 AM, Vuille, Martin (Martin) wrote:
> I see that “sysvinit” and “systemd” style init is supported.
>

> Is there support for BSD-style init, or some other minimal init?

there is busybox/mdev init option in OE-core if you are looking for
a minimal init and not specifially for BSD init.

its documented in meta/conf/local.conf.sample.extended

#
# Use busybox/mdev for system initialization
#
#VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_dev_manager = "busybox-mdev"
#VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_login_manager = "busybox"
#VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_init_manager = "busybox"
#VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_initscripts = "initscripts"
#VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_keymaps = "keymaps"
#DISTRO_FEATURES_BACKFILL_CONSIDERED += "sysvinit"