[yocto] Yocto Project Status WW45

Jolley, Stephen K stephen.k.jolley at intel.com
Fri Nov 4 08:10:00 PDT 2016

Current Dev Position: YP 2.3 M1

Next Deadline: YP 2.3 M1 by Dec. 12, 2016

SWAT team rotation: Ross -> Randy

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team

Key Status/Updates:

*        2.2 was released!

*        Patches are starting to be merged into master

*        We are intending to have point releases for 2.0 and 2.1, this is dependent on good build test results.

*        We are having various issues with the new autobuilder so it is still not in production use yet.

*        There was a challenging taskhash mismatch test case this week which has resulted in some significant debugging improvements for taskhashes and basehashes which are now in master.

*        2.3 planning is underway and RP will send more thoughts on the plans for that in the next couple of weeks.

*        We are going to make a strong effort to load balance things up front this time so work is spread over M1-3 rather than the usual 'front loaded' everything in M1 approach which is currently how bugzilla looks.

Proposed upcoming dot releases:

YP 2.0.3 Release by Nov. 18, 2016

YP 2.1.2 Release by Dec. 9, 2016

YP 2.2.1 Release by Jan. 20, 2017

Key YP 2.3 Dates:

YP 2.3 M1 Cutoff is Dec. 12, 2016

YP 2.3 M1 Release is Dec. 23, 2016

YP 2.3 M2 Cutoff is Jan. 23, 2017

YP 2.3 M2 Release is Feb. 3, 2017

YP 2.3 M3 Cutoff is Feb 27, 2017

YP 2.3 M3 Release is Mar. 10, 2017

YP 2.4 M4 Cutoff is April 3, 2017

YP 2.4 M4 Release is April 28, 2017

Tracking Metrics:

            WDD 2422 (last week 2394)

(https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)

Key Status Links for YP:

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.2_Status

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.2_Schedule

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.2_Features

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.3_Status

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.3_Schedule

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.3_Features

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you'd like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
INTEL, MS JF1-255, 2111 N.E. 25th Avenue, Hillsboro, OR 97124
*   Work Telephone:        (503) 712-0534
*    Cell:               (208) 244-4460
* Email:                            stephen.k.jolley at intel.com