[yocto] How to add libudev.h

Fred Ollinger Fred.Ollinger at seescan.com
Thu Nov 3 09:49:06 PDT 2016

I belive this goes in your .bb file:

DEPENDS = "             \
    udev         \
"

RDEPENDS_${PN} = "         \
    udev         \
"

Also, you probably need the right flags for libudev.

Here are docs on that:

https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/libudev.html

Of course, you need to tailor your build system to use these and incorporate this into your project.

I like automake so here's how to use pkgconfig with automake:

https://autotools.io/pkgconfig/pkg_check_modules.html

NOTE: systemd also provides libudev so if you have systemd, it's likely getting installed there and conflicts with udev, but I'm not sure, so you want to look into this as well. When I installed source for my debian jessie, I got systemd, and not udev sources. YMMV.

Frederick