[yocto] Shallow git clones?

Christopher Larson clarson at kergoth.com
Thu Nov 3 08:11:03 PDT 2016

On Thu, Nov 3, 2016 at 6:06 AM, Gary Thomas <gary at mlbassoc.com> wrote:

> I recall seeing some discussion in the past about using shallow
> GIT clones when importing repositories?  Is this ever going to
> happen?

Mentor has a bitbake patch series to support construction of and fetching
of shallow git tarballs. My goal is to get this merged for master, now that
morty has been branched, but ran into a unit test failure, so I’m working
on that, and on adding some new unit tests for it, before re-submission.
The current version is at https://github.com/kergoth/bitbake on the
shallow-external branch, if you’re curious.
--
Christopher Larson
clarson at kergoth dot com